Monday 3 February 2014

Good Morning...
    on the first Day of February!! 
It's been a little while since I've/we've posted any updates here on the goings on. In case you might not have read the last post, we've moved from Calgary, AB to Waterloo, ON. There have been a variety of reasons for the move and they come on the heals of us making a decision to change our mission strategy. 
As most of you know we've been raising support to return to Mexico for the last two years. We had come to a crossroads this summer and set out a fleece or asked for direction, as you will, with the completion of our support by the end of August 2013 to determine our next steps, at least enough support to fulfill the mission's requirement for our initial launch. Well, that didn't happen! So, then... where do we go from here? The basic answer was not to Mexico...not now at least for a permanent move...but what else?
 Ecc 7:14  In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider; yea, God hath made the one side by side with the other, to the end that man should not find out anything that shall be after him. 


Well, we still believe that the calling is there and the desire is there to serve and be service to people in Mexico and people going to serve in Mexico. 

We decided that we would change our method and begin to make short term trips to Mexico. Malu and I are going to be getting regular jobs here in Ontario and then with the time that we can, we'll make trips to Mexico to help/serve in whatever manner we're able. 

Too be honest these were the easy answers to the questions, but a simple change brought up other questions. Deeper questions, the kind that gnaw on you...lately for me its been the "If I didn't go to church and people didn't know I went to church, would they still know that I was a Christian?"...Is there something integral to the way I treat others that shows the love of Christ? How do I make a moral and ethical stand on my belief in Jesus Christ and not appear judgmental or dogmatic? 
Integrity was one that came to mind. In a world where everyone is doing what they "feel" is right and makes them happy at the moment, Integrity becomes a disposable attribute. Its that part of you that says I'm going to do what's right even when no one is looking. There are a number of areas that I began to check against my belief...
 am I being the kind of spouse that my wife would be proud of even when I'm in a group of guys...does my language and subject matter reflect my beliefs or what I believe my beliefs to be? "A man who loves his wife loves himself" Eph5:28b
 Can I say when I meet with my accountant that I've not stretched anything out of its intent with respect to my finances? Do I claim all that I should and declare all that I should? Do I act as His disciple even in business? Am I willing as a business man to take a loss, that Christ may be glorified or do I always push for my benefit? 
Mar10:21  Jesus looked at him and loved him. Then he told him, "You're missing one thing. Go and sell everything you own, give the money to the destitute, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come back and follow me." 

I think when we all take a closer look at what we believe that we come to our own conclusions of what's important to us. I'm pondering...does the way that I present my conclusions  demonstrate what I feel is really important to me? Maybe they do? How do I change my behavior so that it is perceived how I had intended? Maybe if I really wanted to be light, and maybe if I really sold all I had and gave to the poor that then the non-vocal signals that I give would be those that I intended. Maybe the bible got it dead on when it says, " as a man thinketh in his heart so is he." Pr 23:7 

and yet I wonder is that all there is to it, or was the question of the rich young ruler that of test...why? 
Because of Abraham and Issac. God asked Abraham to sacrifice that to which he held closest and was the key to God's promise to Abraham. Do I really trust God? Do I really believe in Him and is He the thing I hold closest? The act of selling or not, surrendering or not is the question. If I truly believe in Jesus then I need to come and surrender all that I hold close, even the result of God's promises to me. And because I really believe in Him, in Jesus Christ, and God's ability to accomplish all that He says He will do...despite what I perceive...or what others perceive in me, I will be the example of how great God is!! 

No comments: